Saturday, March 23, 2013

90's R&B male singers

Continuing with my series on 90's music next up on the list I'm going to do is 90's R&B male singers.  A lot of these guys career spands over decades other than the 90's, but they either started in the 90's and are still going strong today or they started in the 80's and had atleast one hit that involved in the 90's era. So I chose to include them in this post.  If you missed my previous post on 90's R&B groups you can go back and check it out if you look in the section to the right of this post.  As with the groups if you haven'y heard of ant of these guys, then I strongly encourage you to go to youtube and take a listen to some of their other songs other than the one's I have for them on here and you can thank me later.  Again I'll try to keep the list to 10, but just like the groups I doubt that happens.

Without further ado in no particular order let's go down memory lane to the greatest era of music ever


Brian Mcknight
I don't know what he was thinking when he came out with that song last year, but during the 90's Brian Mcknight was one of the best singers of the 90's.

R. Kelly
One of those still going hard today.  People can talk about and judge him for his personal life all they want but when it comes to music, no one could ever doubt or touch Kellz in the 90's and if you ask me no one can still touch him to this day.

Luther Vandross
Now I know Mr. Vandross made his name in the 80's and depending on your age a lot of us were probably concieved to Luther, but he was around the during the 90's and was a part of the era especially with his remake of Always and Forever. R.I.P.

John B.
I'll be the first to admit along with probably alot of other people, I had no idea John B. was white until I saw this video.  He was definitely a big part of the 90's era, dude was hella talented.

Babyface
The man who probably produced your favorite artist's song.  Babyface is a legend in this game as a producer, but he also held it down as an artist during the 90's.

Maxwell
Maxwell is still doing his thing today and a lot of hits did come after the 90's, but he had a few hits like this one back in the 90's when he was still rockin the fro.

D'angelo
Can't talk about the 90's without D'angelo.  He held it down completely.

Gerald Levert
Gerald Levert one of the kings of the 90's.  Whether he was making hits with his brothers, dad, or johnny gill and keith sweat, or just doing it by himself he was doing it better than a lot of others. R.I.P

Keith Sweat
Keith Sweat has been doing it since the 80's and although I think his best song is make it last forever in 87, but can't deny this and a few otehrs were some of the best songs of the 90's. Begging as people like to say or not dude has talent.

Johnny Gill
Another one who has been doing this for a while and still going today, Johnny Gill.


**I guess since I put those 3 right after each other I'll put a video of their group together LSG

Aaron Hall
He moved on from the group Guy and had a nice solo career.  This was one of his biggest hits and on a sidenote, this might have been one of the realest and saddest music videos EVER.

**i'm not stopping at 10 by the way**

Tyrese
Tyrese is another still doing his thing today, but it all started with this one and of course the infamous Coke commercial(see below)

Case

Ginuwine
**And just as I did with LSG here's a video of these 3 joined by RL of the group Next**


Tevin Campbell
Tevin Campbell had one of the first songs I ever learned all of the words to and still know them all to this day,Can we Talk was my song, the perfect song for an introvert like me lol. and "ready" was one of the first CD's I ever owned.

Joe
As with a lot of others Joe is still doing his thing today, but if my memory serves me correctly it all started with this song. A classic in my mind.

Jesse Powell

Kenny Lattimore
If I have no other say in my wedding plans, my only request will be that this be one of the two songs I want played.

Rome
As far as I can remember this may have been his only hit, but it was big during the era and one of my personal favorites

Uncle Sam
Like Rome, this may have been his only hit, but it was just that a Hit.  Shout out to anybody who has ever had a ex completely F*ck them over, this songs for you.

Donnell Jones


And I'll end this with someone I should've put in the group post, but I forgot and put only jodeci, but I can't do 90's r&b without these two by themselves cause they held it down even without the rest of Jodeci
K-Ci & JoJo






Alright that does it for male R&B singers.  I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane of the greatest era of music ever the 90's.  Be sure to check out my first post in the series, 90's groups.  Next up I think I'm going to do 90's hip hop and save female singers for last.  Much Love and be Blessed. - CJ 













No comments:

Post a Comment